CES Ontario Annual General Meeting Announcement
The Board of Directors of the Canadian Evaluation Society (CES) – Ontario Chapter hereby gives notice that the 21th Annual General Meeting of the Association will be held:
Date: Thursday, June 22th 2017
Time: 9:00 am- noon
Location: Oakham House, 63 Gould St, Toronto, ON M5B 1E9
Why Attend the AGM?
The AGM is a great opportunity to:
- Network with Chapter members,
- Elect new board members and approve any bylaw changes,
- Learn more about the closing year activities,
- Hear about plans for the upcoming year, and
- Receive and review the Financial Statements of the CES– Ontario Chapter for the 2016 fiscal year, and the auditors’ report thereon.
Board Member Responsibilities and Benefits
As noted above, a key component of the AGM is electing new board members. Joining the Board of Directors is a wonderful opportunity for interested evaluation practitioners to help develop and deliver services to members, as well as promote and strengthen closer ties with peers. Please note:
- CES Ontario has a working board; the Executive (President, Treasurer, Secretary) and Committee Chairs oversee day-to-day operations performed by our staff/contractors.
- CES Ontario Board Members serve in a voluntary capacity; there is no remuneration for service.
- Board members serve a three-year term, and typically spend 5-10 hours per month on Board initiatives. Officers and committee chairs, in leadership positions, may spend 20-30 hours per month on Board initiatives.
- The Board meets virtually ten (10) times per year except July and December via GoToMeeting. However, the Board may hold occasional in person meetings in the Greater Toronto Area.
- Board members are expected to miss no more than 3 meetings per year, barring extenuating circumstances.
The Chapter recognizes directors’ volunteer service to the association. Therefore, in addition to group training opportunities e.g. financial oversight, budgeting, strategic planning and/or management trainings, board members receive a $250 professional development bursary for each year of their term after one year of service. Eligible board members also receive one early-bird ticket to the CES National Conference, reimbursed by the Chapter.
Board Member Nominations
This year the CES-Ontario Chapter has five (5) vacancies for directors. Subsequent to the Annual General Meeting, as per the Chapter bylaws, the Board of Directors elects and/or appoints Board Officers (President, Treasurer, Secretary, National Representative and Past President) and committee chairs to serve the association.
Chapter members who meet the following requirements are encouraged to apply:
- Be a CES Ontario member in good standing; and
- Leadership experience serving on a non-profit board and/or previous experience serving with a CES Ontario committee/ board; and
- Passion and experience in at least one of the following areas: (a) organizational development, strategic planning or systems planning (b) marketing and event planning (c) finance and budgeting, or (d) policy development; and
- Ability to commit for a three-year term.
I’m interested. How do I proceed with my nomination?
- Submit the following to email@example.com by Friday, May 26th 2017 at 4:30pm.
- Once nominations for vacant positions are received, the Nominations Committee will review all applications for eligibility. Applicants may be invited for an interview with the Nominations committee. As per Chapter bylaws, a full complement of the Board has thirteen (13) members. Please refer to the Chapter bylaws for more information.
- Election of the Board of Directors will take place at the Annual General Meeting. As per Chapter bylaws, a minimum of ten (10) CES Ontario members in good standing must be present for there to be quorum at the AGM.
- A complete Slate of Nominees will be presented to the CES Ontario members prior to the Annual General Meeting. For any vacancies not filled through the Nominations process, the Board may accept Nominations from the floor at the Annual General Meeting.
- Chapter bylaws require that two CES Ontario members support a nomination (nominator and seconder). Please note that members of the Nomination Committee cannot support your nomination. This year’s Nomination Committee members are: Nikhat Rasheed (President), Terry Spencer (Past President) and Patricia King (Director).
For further information regarding nominations and board requirements, please contact the Nominations Committee firstname.lastname@example.org.