Opportunities with CES Ontario
Job Category: Administrative/Project Location: Flexible/Ontario Travel: 10% within Ontario Level/Salary Range: 62,000 – 78,000 per annum, pro-rated OR $32-40/hour TBC depending on experience Position Type: Part-time Independent Contractor, 22.5 HRS/WEEK (0.6 FTE) flexible, multi-year contract Apply: January 2, 2020 – February 17, 2020 Apply via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Category: Administrative/Project
Travel: 10% within Ontario
Level/Salary Range: 62,000 – 78,000 per annum, pro-rated OR $32-40/hour TBC depending on experience
Position Type: Part-time Independent Contractor, 22.5 HRS/WEEK (0.6 FTE) flexible, multi-year contract
Apply: January 2, 2020 – February 17, 2020
Apply via email: email@example.com
The Canadian Evaluation Society – Ontario Chapter (CES-ON) is one of the largest Provincial chapters of the Canadian Evaluation Society (CES), a not-for-profit, national, professional association of evaluators committed to advancing evaluation theory, knowledge and practice through leadership, advocacy and professional development.
CES-ON is committed to inclusive and collaborative communities of inquiry and practice. We envision a world in which evaluative thinking and evaluation practice empowers individuals and enhances community well-being. The mission of the society is to support evaluation and its practitioners in the public, private and not-for- profit sectors. We work to enhance capacity for evaluative thinking and evaluation practice across Ontario. We share knowledge and engage practitioners and users of evaluation by: Partnering and collaborating with individuals, organizations, networks, and communities; Creating accessible opportunities for professional development across key learning objectives; Supporting excellence in the field by informing public policy and promoting ethical and rigorous evaluation standards and practices; and Curating, sharing, and embracing diverse ways of knowing and systems of knowledge.
We are committed to an integrated set of core values that work in tandem to guide our decisions and inform our planning, processes, and actions and would particularly encourage submissions from applicants with this core system of shared values, including clear and well-evidenced commitment to Equity and Social Justice; Diverse Ways of Knowing and Systems of Knowledge; Evidence-Informed and Ethical Decision-Making; Continuous Quality Improvement; and Innovation.
CES-ON supports evaluation capacity via the provision of professional development and educational opportunities, across established program evaluation standards. Our membership is diverse, with over 400 members crossing multiple sectors of government, social services and NGOs, health, education and higher learning, and the private sector.
CES-ON is seeking a seasoned Program Manager to join our team for a 2-year contract with possibility of extension and conversion to full-time. The successful candidate will lead the operationalization of the CES-ON integrated strategic-operational plan, facilitate decision-making, and support continuous improvement of organization’s processes and systems. Reporting to the President and in close collaboration with the CES-ON Board, the successful candidate will be responsible for implementing identified priorities and key deliverables across our strategic directions.
SCOPE & KEY DELIVERABLES
Working closely with the President and Executive Committee, Board of Directors, staff and volunteers, the program manager will deliver on goals set out in the organization’s strategic plan. In collaboration with the Board and/or Executive, the program manager will identify priorities, timelines, and ensure these are aligned with, monitored, and evaluated against an internally developed CES-ON Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) framework.
Research, data, learning, and resources leveraged through other outputs will significantly impact Board activities. The Board intends to retain additional external resources where needed, to facilitate strategic goals. In collaboration, a Launch/100-day plan for Program Manager role will be developed, prioritizing projects, identifying and mitigating risks, and setting the Program Manager up for success.
SCOPE OF ROLE
The Scope of the Program Manager role will intersect current strategic directions and multiple areas of responsibility, as follows. Detailed strategic planning/key deliverables will be provided to short-listed candidates.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
I. Knowledge and Background
It is expected that the successful candidate will have:
- Recent experience and understanding of the non-profit sector
- Related academic/industry background
- 5-7 years of progressive leadership experience regardless of sector (NFP, education, private, etc.)
- Business planning and financial analytics experience and background
- Fund raising, grant-making, revenue-generating experience and demonstrated success/outcomes
- Experience leading organizational effectiveness planning/processes, continuous quality improvement, change management, and experience interfacing with volunteer/not for profit boards
- Demonstrated experience in organizational development and enhanced performance
- Experience leading operational processes that result in measurable outcomes
- Experience with partnership development and stakeholder engagement
- A background in evaluation is an asset
II. Leadership Competencies and Skills
The successful applicant will demonstrate proven leadership competencies and skills, typically gained across progressive leadership roles, including:
- Thinking & Acting Strategically: experience with and evidence of ability to think conceptually about the “big picture” and the direction in which an organization is or should be headed; experience with and evidence of developing long-term plans to achieve the desired outcomes, connecting development activities to long-term vision
- Change & Innovation: experience with and evidence of ability to lead change and improvement to move self, team, organization forward and enhance organizational results; experience with and evidence of ability to develop skills, attitudes and behaviours required at the self, team, and organizational levels to produce new or improved programs, services, outputs, and strategies to meet current and future needs and gain competitive advantage
- Relationship Building: experience with and evidence of being committed to acting with honesty and integrity to identify, build, and foster formal and informal relationships and networks that add value to others, and support the achievement of role-related objectives to further the interests of CES ON
- Resource and Process Management: Experience with and evidence of efficient and effective management of resources (people, funding, materials, space) and processes to achieve organizational objectives
- Accountability for Performance & Results: Experience with and evidence of taking ownership and accountability for delivering the right results in the right ways, and improving individual, team, and organizational contribution towards achieving a shared vision
- Development: Prior experience and evidence of working to genuinely build capacity and foster individual, team, and organizational development, with a view towards excellence and enhanced outcomes.
III. Other Requirements:
- Education: post-secondary education in non-profit organization management, business administration, marketing or communications, or related combination of education and experience
- Coordination experience: demonstrated experience with managing projects, preparing, implementing, and reporting on work plan activities, including interfacing across virtual platforms
- Financial Administration: demonstrated experience with budgeting, financing, and accounting
- Communication: demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with various internal and external stakeholder groups, including senior managers, board members, and consultants (technical, marketing, finance)
- Interpersonal Skills: demonstrated ability to work with multiple stakeholders managing expectations, interfacing with multiple committees and board members, aligning with a shared vision
Please provide the following in your electronic application package:
Resume, Cover Letter, two (2) recent references, one (1) sample written report and one (1) sample of a business, marketing, communications and/or other organizational planning document you have prepared. Apply by February 17, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
 DAL Leadership Competency Framework, 2017
Keep up to date on job opportunities by following the Canadian Evaluation Society National website: Employment, Contract, and Collaboration Opportunities. Please note that this page is only accessible to CES Members and requires a login.
If you have a job opportunity you would like to post, please follow this link: CES Posting Guidelines.